CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Things that make me go grrrrr...

So today I had to go shopping and unless it's shopping for clothes, it's not one of my favoritest things to do. I had to get some household things and for those of you that have ever been to my town, you know that we have only two (yes, two) major retail stores to shop in. One is Kmart and the other is Walmart. I tend to go to Kmart when I'm in a hurry and don't feel like dealing with crowds. Walmart is always packed and not the place to go if your in a crunch for time. Well today I had quite a few things to get so I had to go to Walmart which is cheaper then Kmart so off I went...

Now for those of you with kids that you have to take shopping with you, I'm sure you can totally relate to how you want to get in, get the things you need and get out. Kids and shopping NEVER go well together. So after a few battles with my 4 year old son, we finally had everything we needed and into the checkout line we get. Well isn't it just MY luck that I would get behind a person that feels the need to pay for their bill in ones and change. There she is counting out her money as SLOWLEY as possible like I had ALL the time in the world!! In the meantime there's my 4 year old grabbing all the wonderful check out line candy saying he wanted this and that. I'm of course telling him no and trying to bribe him by saying we'll pick something up later. Whoever thought to put that stuff in the checkout lane isle should be shot!!! Anyway, this lady is STILL counting and you could tell the clerk was getting irritated as well. All the while I'm standing there getting madder and madder. I tell you!! That type of stuff just irritates me!! It's not like I could go to another line either, I already had all my stuff on the counter...jeesh! After about 5 minutes she gets all her money counted out, then takes another 2 minutes to make sure she has her bags and then off she goes. I am then left to deal with a VERY bored 4 year old while I try to load stuff up and pay. By the time I got out to my car, my nerves were shot.



I'm telling you, I was so very glad to get home. Now I know why I really don't care to shop with my son. I love him more then life itself but shopping with kids is not fun...lol

3 comments:

Nikabee said...

Ahhhh, I hear ya Jenn! You can curse the person who decided the checkout aisle was a good place for candy and I bless the person who put the "penny ponies" in Meijer! lol Especially now that K is old enough to go on his own (within sight, of course) while I wait impatiently for my turn to pay.

One thing I did (don't know if it'll work out for you) is to give K his allowance when we get to the store. It's like a bribe without the emotional parent-guilt that goes with bribes. lol He usually only earns a dollar, so that's enough to get something small and I don't feel the pinch of losing a dollar all that much. One buck is a small price to pay for some sanity. (well ok... one buck + a penny for the pony!)

~Jenn~ said...

haha, well we don't have the penny ponies at Walmart...lol

Leanne said...

Yep, I can relate to wicked shopping trips too. I've left the store with a half full cart of food because of temper tantrums. Then again, I've also been known to just keep shopping and let them scream their way thru the store. I don't care if people stare. The kids have to learn that they can't get to me with the fits. All this is in the past though since my kids are older. Soon I will be right back in the same boat tho as Ava grows older. Eek! As of now, I only shop with her occassionally because I wait until the kids are home to get my shopping done. They watch her for me. Weeee! I know what I was doing by waiting so long to have Ava! I was raising babysitters!

Hang in there Jenn. It can only get better from here right?! :) Love ya!